Thursday, January 21, 2010

Iced

Wow! What a strange winter it has been so far. Now in the latest snafu of wintry wackiness we have been bathed in ice pellets and freezing rain. A direct hit was avoided here, but still there are a lot of folks without power and the roads were pretty treacherous there for a bit.

So it was that I received a brief "internet vacation" thanks to our service provider that was off line most of last evening and right up to the time of this posting.

This nasty weather, which promises to get even messier for Saturday with rain of all things, is going to make cycling out of doors very challenging, if not impossible. And since I have a distinct aversion to indoor training, that means I may be relegated to walking around when I can between rain, freezing drizzle, or whatever crap weather falls my way over the weekend.

Okay, so enough about that. In the world of cycling I have some projects coming together. I am short two post mount brake studs from having the next beast arise out of the Lab. What is it? Well, let's just say that this guy isn't the only one to have recently built a hard tail 29"er with a long, squishy fork on it. Only mine is more colorful, and therefore better.

You'll just have to wait and see for yourself. (Coming soon to a computer monitor near you!)

No comments: