Thursday, January 29, 2009

Of Cryptic Runes, Rubber, And Beer



<===After speaking in an ancient and forgotten cycling tongue, this cryptic rune started to trace itself onto our service counter top.

I suppose it doesn't have to be said, but I will: This weather sucks! Okay...........I feel marginally better!

Business hasn't totally gone away, which I find amazing actually. I mean, I don't think we spend very many hours above zero anymore, not to mention the freezing mark. Oh what a heatwave that would be! In the meantime, I was busy clearing out some clutter in the Lab and preparing the Misfit Dissent for build up. Several parts are already on hand for it, so I am ready to start assembling here soon. Riding it? Well, the forecast is looking promising, so perhaps some wet, nasty commuting is in its future. Hey, it is aluminum and I will need to make a few shakedown cruises to break everything in.



<===After a few moments, the entire rune was visible in the counter top, but no one could ascertain the meaning of it. It remains a mystery!

So, just a few more days until the data for the Ritchey Design sponsorship will be submitted for the T.I.V5 sponsorship. If I do not hear from you, (and there are more than 25 folks I have yet to hear from), you will lose your chance to name a size and you will get a 700 X 35mm tube and a rim strip regardless. If you have not yet contacted me, do it now! Let me know your tire size and I will get that info to Ritchey by January 31st. After that, it's all over.

Big Wheeled Ballyhoo News: Yes, this will be happening again.It will take place October 10th and 11th at Potter's Pasture in west central Nebraska. There will be entertainment. Likely an acoustic guitar jam around a campfire one night and a band on Saturday night. There will be some demos. There will be guided trail rides on some of the most unusual and tough trails anywhere around. Finally, there will be a beer tasting contest that will help determine the next location of the Ballyhoo. Details are being hammered out now. Look for more on this soon.

No comments: