Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Interbike 2008: A Real Post

Well, here I am sitting on a bunch of great information and I can't post a lick of it because nothing is working right here. Yeah.......I'm a bit frustrated!

The house we rented has a cable modem that has to be restarted every time you restart a computer, my camera isn't recognized by my laptop, for some weird reason, and everybody that can help has passed out already.

Poor, poor, pitiful me, right? Ha ha! Well, I'll tell ya this much, it's nothing to worry about. I had a great time today. I rode five great mountain bikes that I will post about sooner or later. I met a lot of old friends and made some new ones. I ate barbecue sandwiches made by Chris King, (Yes.....That Chris King), I drank beers, I got some killer schwag, and I got to hang out with SuperKove and some dude that has won Leadville six times or something crazy like that. How bad could it be, right? I mean, I got set up for two of my demo rides by "Demo Ken" Derrico, and it don't get no better than that! (If you've been to a Trek/Fisher Demo lately, and Ken was there, you know what I mean.) Lessee......The Salsa Crew was there throwin' down the goods. The Niner Bikes guys, including D.J. and Fuzzy were there, which reminds me of a great story, then I gotta go to bed!

At the Chris King BBQ party, Mickey of Spooky Bikes was remarking that it seemed all 29"er freaks had this facial hair thing going on. He said that he didn't think he could roll, since maybe he didn't have enough testosterone to grow a chin wig. Then D.J. calmly looked at him and said, "Well, give a 29"er a try for a while and see what you can grow." Priceless! (It helps if you know that D.J. and Fuzzy would put Civil War re-enactment freaks to shame with their chop mops.)

Okay, I feel much better now.........

At least this post worked!

More later from Lost Wages, Nevada, where it was over a hundred degrees today at Outdoor Demo. Yeeeeeaaah............

No comments: