Friday, March 21, 2008

Last Day In The Desert

Well, this trip is done. The last two days I have spent doing fun things with the family and relaxing. I am ready to come back home though. The trip was a blast, the riding was great, and spending time with family and loved ones is above all a precious thing. I won't be forgetting this trip anytime soon.

But now it is time to buckle down and get to driving back towards home. The "big chunk" will be tomorrow- 700 plus miles in one day with two kids. Then Sunday it'll be the home stretch with around 500 miles on tap. That is if all goes well. Let's hope it does.

Today we went to an amusement park where the rides, for the most part, were the same as they were 40 years ago. It was weird watching my kids ride stuff I rode when I was a little guy. Kind of a time warp thing. Anyway, it was hot and sunny, I was getting tired, and I forgot that I was in charge of Mrs. Guitar Ted's purse and walked away from a picnic table it was under. About 50 paces away it dawned on me that I left it there. Sure enough, it was gone!

Well, we found out where the office was and asked a young lady if they had seen it. To our amazement and relief, it was there. Apparently a sharp eyed employee saw it and took it to the main office immediately. We were only without the purse for fifteen minutes max, but that was some stress I didn't need! Last year I forgot Mrs. Guitar Ted's suitcase with her and the kids clothes, this year I lost her purse. Not a very good track record!

Well, if that is all the drama we incur on this trip, that'll be enough for me.

See ya all back in Iowa soon!

No comments: