Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday News And Views

Star Studded Feild At Dirty Kanza 200: I just made my hotel reservations for the Dirty Kanza 200 coming up in May. For those of you that don't know, DK 200 is a gravel grinder event based on Trans Iowa. It is held in the Flint Hills region of Kansas which is a barren, brutal, and beautiful area. The event is 200 miles long and is almost all on unimproved roads or gravel.

Anyway, I see where Cameron Chambers, Travis Brown, and Keith Bontrager are all scheduled to line up there on May 31st. As I said on mtbr.com, you better get your "hellos" in at the start line, 'cause these guys will be smokin'. Should be a fun time though.

Banned From Public School!: I work with a guy at the bike shop that is also a teacher at one of the public high schools in our fair city. He tells me that he is a regular readed of this blog. He informed me the other day that the school has blocked this site on the computers at school. Hmmm..............must be my rebelious nature, or my subversive message.....whatever. Maybe they are afraid he's wasting time or something, I don't know. Anyway, a dubious honor, I'm sure. Bicycles are kind of scary and dangerous. I would be afraid.......very afraid!

Sea Otter, Here I Come!: I got my itenerary for Sea Otter yesterday. I'll be flying out of Dead Moyne this time. WooHoo! This event is pretty fun. I recommend it to anyone that is into cycling of any discipline. Where else can you go to that has a huge expo, demo bikes, pro road and mountain bike events going on at the same time, and about a gazillion cycling freaks walking/riding everywhere you look? Yeah, it is a circus and the weather can suck, but there is nothing else like it. Bad thing: It happens the week before Trans Iowa. Yeah.......I'll be bushed at the end of April!

Have a great weekend and ride yer bikes!

No comments: