Saturday, January 19, 2008

T.I.V4: Some Recon Photos



<===Required Trans Iowa Recon nutrition!

Well, d.p. and I decided to do a truncated version of recon today. Just to see about our check point sites and maybe toodle around here and there. I will say that the check point sites were more than we could have asked for. We were really pleased!


The course? What we could see of it is super exciting!



<===Ambient air temps were sub zero for the entire outing.

We saw some pretty outstanding scenery, roads, and cool stuff in the little bits that we took in. This course should be at least as fun as last years, if not more so.










<===Read the bottom line on the road sign. Low slung vehicle and this scene means we will have to come back later.

As you can see, there are B Maintenance sections on the course this year again. I have no idea how "bad" they are with the blanket of snow over the road bed.







<===A wilder corner of Iowa.

d.p. and I are "B" road connoisuers, I suppose you could say. Nobody gets as excited as us at the prospect of checking these out as we do. We stopped to look at every one we went past!










<===Is this Iowa? No, this is........

Some say T.I. should venture into Minnesota territory. What do you think?

All I can say is that this road wasn't passable in d.p.'s Beetle, so we had to hoof it down a piece to take a look in sub-zero weather.


We'll be back for another peek at what's going on with the T.I. course after the roads clear off. That might be a bit with the way that this weather/winter has been going. All I can say is that we are super pumped about the way things are shaping up so far. We can't wait to see the whole course in one uninterrupted drive. That should give us a clearer picture of what to expect time-wise from the course. That will help us determine checkpoint cutoffs and volunteer timing. But really, we just want to check out more B roads!

Stay tuned!

No comments: